..the road i follow

..the road i follow

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

..knight in rusty armor

So, I was assigned to write a "reflective essay" about something I believe. This is what I submitted...



A Knight in Rusty Armor

I believe that a knight’s armor does not need to be shiny, as long as his heart is kept spotless. How can a knight keep his armor clean if he is expected to fight a dragon? Girls, women and princesses are always waiting for their “knight in shining armor”. I have come to realize that not everyone goes through the same battle. Therefore, not everyone will have a clean sword.
Being a single sister, I came across this thought in reflection of my current relationship status and also thought of friends who are in a similar situation as I.  All of these women are strong in the gospel, have testimonies of the Atonement, have served a full-time mission and are prepared, at the bare minimum, to be united with their eternal companion. However, numbers appear to be few and scarce, leaving my friends longing for someone to save them.  For example, with frustrations of waiting and searching to find one to love, my friend has then expressed that she has no desire to go out and date, believing that the Lord, with no effort on her part, will send ‘the one’ to her porch. While her intent to rely on the Lord is great, her lack of urgency to continue to search for a mate is extreme. Everyone needs to put in work. Her waiting may be in vain, if she is expecting a valiant man to enter the doors with unscratched armor.  
I believe that a man with armor will fight for his princess. So, I expect his shoes to have trodden through mud and dirt, picking up experiences and knowledge that will help him and his future wife.  What will then become of this fairytale Charming is a prince that is worthy of his princess as well as a couple ready for a happy life through all eternity. All the while, though his armor may be scratched or dented, his heart is therefore kept spotless. ***********

1 comment: